Thursday, June 30, 2011

MRMI Horsemanship Clinic/ Little Belt Cowboys Rodeo


I was home just long enough to sleep in my own bed for the night, re-pack, and hit the road again.  My mom and I headed for the Belt Rodeo and the Miss Rodeo Montana Horsemanship Clinic.  This is an event that my mom established and is now put on by the MRM board.  It is truly a great program for current rodeo queens and girls who are up and coming in the pageant world.  There many fabulous clinicians that helped with various and aspects of horsemanship and responsibilities of being a title holder.  My mother Linda Rest, my national director Laura Bakker, former Miss Rodeo Montana Bobbi Levine, former Miss Rodeo Washington Jody Rempel, and former Miss Rodeo Montana Tammy Pate were the great clinicians that helped make this clinic such a success.

The clinic involved riding different horses, watching and studying tapes of Miss Rodeo America pageants and learning how to read cattle.  Then we were off the rodeo! Thank you to Laura Bakker for letting me ride her pride and joy Cecil (a beautiful flea bitten gray horse) that definitely has a whole other speed in the arena!  I carried the American flag during the National Anthem, carried event flag, victory laps, and help clean the arena. They sure kept us busy and I loved every minute of it! Dave and Cathy Wieferich of Brookman Rodeo Company also do a fabulous job putting on various rodeos across the state and I love working with them.

This year they also had JJ Harrison as the clown act, a truly amazing performer.  He involves Miss Rodeo Montana his act… He tries to convince the crowd that he didn’t get a fair chance at the Miss Rodeo Montana Pageant, while wearing a blow up fat suit with a pink bikini and a plastic crown on his cowboy hat.  As part of the act, he convinces me to dismount and let him do a”Queen Buzz” riding my horse. It was hilarious and the crowd absolutely loved it!

After a few days off, I’m off to Chinook/Augusta/Missoula all in one weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment