Monday, September 26, 2011

Big Sky Pro Rodeo- Great Falls!

The Big Sky Pro Rodeo Roundup, in Great Falls is one of the biggest outdoor rodeos in the state with five nights of rodeo. This rodeo is in conjunction with the State Fair and special to me because I was the State Fair Rodeo Princess in 2005-2006.
The rodeo committee and sponsors of the rodeo were also really great to me and Amy (MTMR 2011).   The O’hare Motor Inn was our host hotel for all five nights and a great sponsor of the rodeo. Big R of Great Falls was very generous to us as well. We held an autograph signing there with the Big Sky Pro Rodeo Queen Briana Caldwell and the store gave us three Wrangler outfits!!! One can never have enough Wranglers!

Sue Thompson was nice enough to bring her paint horse “Tugs” for me to ride each night of the rodeo. There were five amazing rodeo queens from all over the state at this rodeo which really made the week extra special …. Carly Sykes (Livingston Roundup Queen), Jade Byington (Missoula Stampede Queen), Briana Caldwell (Big Sky Pro Rodeo Queen), Amy Hager (Miss Teen Rodeo Montana), and me. It was great to get to spend time with all these girls and encourage them to run for Miss Rodeo Montana!!
Each night of the Big Sky Rodeo had a special theme:  Military night, Family night, “Tough Enough to Wear Pink: night, Pepsi night, and Spirit night.  We all helped carry sponsor flags each night and switched out pushing cattle so that everyone could gain experience at a rodeo of that size. Libby Gurnett (MTRM 2010) also came to keep me company, which was great because she always keeps me laughing!

I had a great time in Great Falls during this long and awesome week of rodeo. From Great Falls I’m headed to Glasgow, but this time I will have a travel partner.  Miss Jennika O’Neil (a rodeo queen and 1st runner up to MTRM 2011)  is going to help me drive so that I can sleep!!!   

No comments:

Post a Comment