Monday, September 26, 2011

Glasgow Rodeo!

Early Sunday August 7th Jennika and I were off for Glasgow for a rodeo performance that night! It was a five hour drive and I was very thankful to not have to drive. We made good time and it was my last Brookman rodeo of the year.  I was privileged to ride one of their awesome horses and loved attending all the rodeos they had put on throughout the summer.
On Monday the 8th we were scheduled to put on a kiddie rodeo at the Valley View Nursing home.  As most people know I’m very prompt, however the nursing home in Glasgow was really hard to find and Jennika and I got lost! Luckily we finally found our way and were only a few minutes late.  Rodeo Clown Dennis Halstead and I put on the kiddie rodeo for about 15 kids for the residents of Valley View and it was a big hit.  Later, we signed autographs before the rodeo and I truly had a great time working with Dennis throughout the year.  Dennis was one of my favorite clowns to work with and I enjoyed getting to know him.

It was different having a Sunday/Monday rodeo but that’s what I love about Glasgow.  Some of the smaller rodeos can really be some of the best times.  I was very thankful that Jennika took time out of her week to help me drive and keep me company. After I dropped her off, I had a few more hours to go to Missoula for the Missoula Stampede rodeo and Queen Contest!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment