Monday, September 26, 2011

Montana Fur Trappers!!!!

When I got home from Missoula I learned my blood pressure had been running really high. The doctor needed three consecutive readings before anything could be done.  After the third reading, the Doctor was a little concerned as it was dangerously high.   Laura Bakker decided it would be best for me to skip the Kalispell rodeo and to take the weekend off.  Everything is getting back to normal and I’m doing better!!!
On September 10th my mom and I traveled to the annual Montana Fur Trappers Rendezvous in Lewistown.  The Montana Fur Trappers have been strong supporters of Miss Rodeo Montana for many years and I truly LOVE my fur! The Rendezvous is a fun time and everyone should experience it at least once in their lifetime.   A couple events during the Rendezvous are a trap setting contest and a skillet tossing contest. With the trap setting contest, we each had to set five traps and the fastest time wins. I had never set a trap before but am actually quite good at it now! Overall I finished 3rd and Amy finished 2nd … not bad for two rodeo queens! Next was the skillet tossing contest.  I really wanted to win this one, except this year they changed the rules. Instead of tossing it the furthest, the winner had to toss the skillet closest to the stake. Mine hit the stake which bounced it further in the opposite direction!  Tough luck, but my mom joined in and ended up taking 3rd and winning some money!

After a big dinner that evening, came the best part of the night!  The rodeo queens modeled about 20 of the most beautiful furs imaginable.   I loved getting to help model the furs and appreciated how much they are worth.

It’s fun to get to attend functions other than rodeos and try to give back to the sponsors that do so much to support us and the Miss Rodeo Montana organization. 

The National Rodeo Association Finals are coming up the end of September and following that the Northern International Livestock Exhibition (N.I.L.E.) in October.  Then my time will be focused on preparing for the Miss Rodeo American Pageant in December!!  Las Vegas, here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment