Sunday, September 25, 2011

Wild Horse Stampede- Wolf Point!!!

After the 4th of July weekend, I was off to Wolf Point for the Wild Horse Stampede.  This was the only rodeo of the year that I hadn’t attended while I was Miss Teen Rodeo Montana.  It was a good five hour drive to the High-Line and when I got there I was greeted by Miss Vanessa Hardy, my former roommate and a Wolf Point native. This was the only rodeo where my dog Quigly came with me, because he is one “high maintenance” Corgi!
While in Wolf Point for the Wild Horse Stampede rodeo I did radio interviews, put on a Kiddie Rodeo at the nursing home, and also rode in a parade every day.  The Hardy family offered  to haul a horse in for me every night of the rodeo. I got to ride “Honeybucket”, Megan Hardy’s (Miss Rodeo Montana 2007) horse . ”Honeybucket” and I also were included in the rodeo clown act… Mr. Donnie Landis was the clown and asked me to be a part of his act. He rode a fake Llama- looking creature and the object was for my horse to “spook,” which she did and then show that I could lope a better circle, do a spin, and back up.  It was definitely a different experience and the crowd loved it.

This rodeo is also unique in the fact that the arena is called the Marvin Brookman stadium after the late Marvin Brookman of Brookman Rodeo. It is also famous for the Wild Horse Races in which each team that was auctioned off went for over $1,000 and the horses that were auctioned off went for even more!     

Overall, my first trip to Wolf Point for the Wild Horse Stampede was amazing and I thank the Hardy family for all they did for me!!! I’m now off to Chinook to meet my mom and from there we are headed out of the country (all the way to Canada) to Calgary for the Calgary Stampede!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment