Monday, September 26, 2011

Missoula Stampede!!!

The drive from Glasgow to Missoula is not one favorite route in the state…However I was excited to stay with my National Director Laura Bakker!
The sponsors of the Missoula Stampede really do a lot for the rodeo.  Amy and I got to know Missoula fairly well while doing autographs at various places, thanking folks for their sponsorship. While in Missoula we helped with the Missoula Stampede Rodeo Queen pageant which was a lot of fun and all of the contestants did a wonderful job!

About a half hour before grand entry of the second night of the rodeo, my horse stared limping.  Luckily a family who brought a horse for Briana Caldwell (Big Sky Pro Rodeo Queen) offered their other horse to me. Thankfully the horse got saddled and ready to go at the last minute just in time to run in for my queen buzz. This horse was an awesome red roan named “Red” and a barrel horse, so we were scooting around the arena and I loved it!!! Amy (MTMR) and Jade Byington (Missoula Stampede Queen) also switched back and forth in the timed events helping me push cattle.

A Miss Rodeo Montana Scholarship/Tough Enough to Wear Pink golf tournament was held on Saturday morning.  I loved playing high school golf and my senior year our team finished 2nd and I got 8th overall so I knew how to golf!  I had a stacked team with Kyle (Noon’s, my gas card sponsor), Jeff (Special Events Coordinator from Wranlger), and Harry. Even though our goal was to win, unfortunately we didn’t, however I did win the women’s longest drive from the men’s tee!  His was such a great fundraiser and the proceeds benefitted two really awesome causes.

The queen pageant also ended Saturday with a new set of royalty crowned.  The 2011 Missoula Stampede Queen was won by Mariah Rys-Sikora, Princess- Bobbi Lee Taulbee, Little Miss- Annika Erickson, and Jr. Little Miss- Claire Bagnell! All the contestants did a great job and I know they will have a great year!

I’m headed home for a little while ---  it’s been almost three weeks on the road  and I’m excited to sleep in my own bed, see my family and my dog!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment